Tricks of the Trade:
God knows that I’ve benefited from others sharing their knowledge with me. This section is my small way of carrying on that tradition; sharing what I know with others in the hopes that they will do the same.
Several of these articles are reworked from earlier pieces I’ve written, and I’m sure that some are more “evergreen” than others. I’ll make a sincere effort to add to and update them in a timely manner.
Index of Articles
- A Television Glossary
- An attempt to provide some definition of terms used in a jargon-heavy profession.
- How Does This 3D Stuff Work, Anyway? (part 1)
- The first part of a series of articles explaining what 3D graphics are and how software allows one to make images from nothing.
- How Does This 3D Stuff Work, Anyway? (part 2)
- The second part of the series.
- How Does This 3D Stuff Work, Anyway? (part 3)
- The third part of the series.
- How to produce a Grumble...
- A Tutorial explaining the creation of an individual Grumbles comic strip.
- Getting Started with Expressions in After Effects
- An introduction to expressions in After effects, based on a series of motion media classes I've been teaching at SCAD/Atlanta.
- Brain Dump
- A place to keep all those uncategorized obscure technical things I've learned over the years...